Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New pool just got filled. Dichlor question

1. Back To Top    #1

Hudson Ohio

New pool just got filled. Dichlor question

My husband of the year has our new 18 x 54 Sharkline Matrix pool up and running. I have been in charge of Pool school. Water truck showed up at 8 pm Friday night and filled the pool. I used the pool calculator and added 71 ounces of bleach so we could swim yesterday. We forgot to add the dichlor last night-only to be used for the next 4 days per pool school. I tested the chlorine and PH with my taylor K-1000-dailey test kit- and the results are spot on. Want to start adding the dichlor. How soon can we swim today after we add the dichlor?. I will update my signature and post the pictures of the pool construction. Love BBB
    18 x 54 Sharkline Matrix pool. 7800 gallons.
    Pentair Optiflo 1 1/2 HP 2 speed pump
    Pentair Clean and Clear 150 Sq Ft cartridge filter
    Hayward H100ID Heater. Purchased all from Poolsupplyworld. TF-100 TEST KIT

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: New pool just got filled. Dichlor question

Use, down near the bottom where it says Effects of adding chemicals. See what the dichlor will do to things. As long as the FC is below shock level, you can go swimming.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Flower Mound, TX

Wait about an hour after adding chemicals before you swim.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

How soon can we swim today after we add the dichlor?
    Very quickly. (give maybe about an hour, depending on how you add it) It will dilute and spread throughout the pool quickly...swimming/activity will help with that distribution.

Nice work on calculating and understanding your dosages.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School