Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor SWG installation question?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor SWG installation question?

I am planning on adding IC 60 to my set up. I will have a new 2 speed motor, pool vacuum and no heater. Do I need check valve or vertical bypass? Thanks, Kris.
    12,750 IG plaster/pebble. 1 HP uprated Duraglass pump. Cartridge filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Middle Tennessee

Re: Intellichlor SWG installation question?

The Intellichlor manual says to put a check valve between filter and Intellichlor. Our PB said they usually don't put one in but I have asked him to. I am not sure that it is important or not but just wanted to be sure I didn't have any warranty issues.
    18x36 kidney 20,000 gallons IG vinyl. Pentair Easy Touch 8 w/IntelliChlor IC40. Triton II TR100. Pentair Intellifllo Variable Speed. Waterfall/Jump Rock. 2 Pentair Intellibrite lights. TF-100 Test Kit. And a very happy husband who gets to play in the pool without having to take care of it.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Check valves are very important with tablet feeders, not nearly as important with SWGs. Also, the closer the SWG is to the heater the more important a check valve is. If you have 5+ feet of pipe in-between I really wouldn't bother with a check valve.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

Do I understand correctly? If i do not have a heater nor tablet feeder I do not need check valve?
    12,750 IG plaster/pebble. 1 HP uprated Duraglass pump. Cartridge filter.