I purchased a new home and just recently took the safety cover to get the pool started when I noticed the water is green. I cleaned and scrubbed the pool as much as I can and someone suggested to start off by dumping liquid chlorine and shock running the pump 24hrs. I dumped 8 gallons of liquid chlorine and 3 bags of shock. A day later the green algae stated to die and the pool started to get sky blue but could not see beyond the top. I then scrubbed the pool more which stirred up the green algae and the pool looked little green again. 2 days later the pool in the same stage chlorine and PH levels were good I decided to use 1 bag of shock and a hour later white foam or creamy film started to appear on the surface. I took out the filter and washed it
What I'm trying to accomplish us obviously clear blue water and to get rid of this white foam anyone knows why the foam appeared?