Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Should I be concerned that my FC is so high?

1. Back To Top    #1

Should I be concerned that my FC is so high?

My numbers are:

FC = 22
    CC = 0
    PH = 8.0
    TA = 120
    SWG = 3200
    CYA = 60

My PH has gone up in the last few days. Most likely due to us using the pool more. My TA has gone up to. But my FC went up from 15 to 22. I shocked my pool a few weeks ago and have been running the SWG at about 60%.

I turned my SWG down to 20% this morning to see if the FC would lower. Is the PH related to the FC at this point? I want to wait until the FC goes down before I adjust anything.

Any suggestions?
    18 x 40 inground pool, 27,000 gallons Built in 2012. Vinyl with a SWG. SwimClear cartridge filter by Hayward C3030, Aqua Rite SWG T-Cell 15. Hayward SP2610X15.

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Should I be concerned that my FC is so high?

High FC causes a discrepancy in the pH test so it reads a bit falsely high. You should be fine right where you are.

Test pH again once FC gets down below 10 ppm.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

My TA is high too. Should I wait until the FC is below 10 to do anything about that also? Does a high PH or high FC impact TA?
    18 x 40 inground pool, 27,000 gallons Built in 2012. Vinyl with a SWG. SwimClear cartridge filter by Hayward C3030, Aqua Rite SWG T-Cell 15. Hayward SP2610X15.

4. Back To Top    #4

The TA test is not affected, but to lower it you have to follow the process described in Pool School. And to do that you have to be able to test pH.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

ok. that makes sense. Thanks. I will just sit tight and wait for the FC to come down then. Pool is sparkling so no real worries. Appreciate the quick response.

6. Back To Top    #6

You can turn your swg off. No need for it to be generating FC until you're back in range for chlorine.

Then you can move on to pH and alkalinity.
    18x36 inground vinyl lined, Hayward sand filter and tablet chrolinator, approx 18k gallon