Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help finding quality shallow AGP for kids

1. Back To Top    #1

Santa Barbara, CA

Help finding quality shallow AGP for kids

I'm trying to find a quality 27' or 30' AGP thats shallow (48" or less), but could only find the Sharkline Reprieve. I like the higher end AGPs, but they are all 52"+ depth. My kids are just too short for the deeper pools.

Can I just fill the pool with less water? Not sure if the skimmer will be under the waterline with most 52"+ depth pools.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    15x30 Sharkline Heritage AGP, 8000 gal
    Pentair SD80 Sand Filter, Pentair 2 speed .75 HP pump
    Self-built July 2013
    BBB (Just bleach) so far

2. Back To Top    #2

Eatonton Georgia

Re: Help finding quality shallow AGP for kids

Sharkline Reprieve is not that bad a pool. It doesn't have any resin parts but the quality and finish of the metal is decent. I got mine at Rec Factory Warehouse not long before they went out of business. At the time, I didn't know what kind it was, just their house brand I assumed, but later found out it was a Sharkline Reprieve by doing web research. I'd just get a better filter than what Rec Whse stuck me with.
    18ft. diameter, 48 inch deep Sharkline Reprieve AGP, 7000 gallons, Intex 14 inch sand filter with 3/4 H.P. 2,150 GPH pump, Intex SWG
    TF-100 test kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Elverson Pa.

You could keep the water level a little lower. How old are the kids ?

They'll grow fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just have to keep it high enough for the skimmer. Maybe a lower placed skimmer? Would require a new liner if you were to use the original skimmer cut out.
    21' Round 48" Deep Doughboy Timberline III, 9100 Gallons
    Using 80lb Media Master sand filter and 1HP Powerpak II.

5. Back To Top    #5
    NE Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk
    How old are the kids ? They'll grow fast.
    This, exactly.

Our youngest was three when we bought an Intex and at five, she's still too short to touch bottom. She has a flotation suit that she wears every time she goes in.

We're upgrading to a Sharkline Matrix, probably the 20', which is 54". The 7 and 9 y/os can swim but the 5 y/o will still need a float suit or PFD. That plus the normal safety rule: No one in the pool unless an adult is supervising.
    BBB/TFP/Taylor K-2006 Evangelist!
    6/13 - Installed AG Sharkline Heritage 21'x54" 11K gallons. Hayward 1660s sand filter, Hayward single-speed 1 hp pump; city water. Husband builds, I maintain.
    5/11 - Starter pool 6000-gallon Intex Ultra 16'x48" AG with standard 1500 gph 1/3 hp cartridge filter.