Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex return with thru the wall skimmer

1. Back To Top    #1
    Peoria, IL

Intex return with thru the wall skimmer

I'm thinking about MAYBE putting a thru the wall skimmer on my Intex Ultra Frame. I'm assuming that I will have to lower the water level at least 4 inches if I do. Which leads me to my question. If I have to lower the water level that much, will it still be high enough to be above the original Intex return? Or will I have to cap it off somehow and put a new return at a lower spot? I guess I could try to replace the Intex return with a standard eyeball (which would be considerably smaller), but the problem there is that the hole is too big for a standard eyeball to fit perfectly. Would it seal properly if I did that? If I had the pool back up for the season, I would just take some measurements for myself. But rain and other things have so far prevented me from doing so.
    Intex 18ft x 52in Ultra Frame Pool, hard plumbed w/skimmer and fountain
    Intex 4000 gph cartridge filter pump
    Intex SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Intex return with thru the wall skimmer

I just put a different through the wall skimmer on my summer escapes pro series, which looks just like a intek ultra frame. Like I said mine already had a trough wall skimmer on it but it is located very high on the side. In fact the top row of screws is under the flap that goes around the frame. I hope that makes sense. Check this thread out theres a few pics.
    16' X 48" Summer Escapes Pro Series, Columbia 2-Hp Pump & 22" Sand filter