Hayward DP740DE, info on how to service?

DGaryL

May 18, 2013
A few more hints and tips, please? (pretty please, with a cherry on top?)

My 740 is apparently leaking out the flush vent. I have found pool water seeping out of the end of the flush/drain tube (across the yard) when the valve is not set to flush, and when I run the pumps to filter the pool this leakage increases and the pool water level falls fast.

I have found the data sheet at http://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals ... P740DE.pdf
Is there another website that explains the re-build process? Or can someone tell me which part of "the guts" I need to order?

My valve is some 15 yrs old, and probably should be replaced completely, but since I am presently unemployed I would prefer to fix this myself and save a few $$$$

Can anybody point me toward a bit more info on how to service this valve? Thanks ahead of time for your help!

You want a kit, often called a go kit, that contains all of the parts that normally wear out. Then you open up the valve, paying attention to how it comes apart, and you replace all of the parts that correspond to the ones that came in your kit, reassemble the valve and you should be good to go.

Do the internal parts typically require any sort of lubricant?
Is the disassembly/reassembly really as simple as slipping apart a few parts and slapping together a few new ones?

My fear here is that some of these parts are press-fitted (or worse) and that I will need some sort of specialized tools to seat these things. Or am I just being paranoid?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.