Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Sun Rings

1. Back To Top    #1

Phoenix, AZ

Solar Sun Rings

Does anyone have experience with Solar Sun Rings that are round and held together with magnets?

Good or bad?

12k gallons, pebble tech, DE filter, SWG (inop?)

Trying to learn!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Solar Sun Rings

Many threads. Please try the search function at the top or bottom of the page.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

The average opinion is quite negative, with only one or maybe two people who like them and over a dozen who tried them and then got something else because of a variety of problems.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Hamilton, NJ

We had them last year for our 9x18 intex. the only thing they did was make a mess....AND a great birdbath for the birds...which means a ton of poop in the pool. They collect leaves and pollen and don't really have any heating power. And they're a pain to deal with. This year I picked up two ecosolar heaters and a solar blanket. just the solar blanket does 10x what the rings did...the rings were a waste of money. If you're concerned about the issue with the solar blanket and someone/something falls in, I cut the blanket into 3 strips, easier to deal with laying/removing and no worries about someone getting "stuck" in them.
    24' Sharkline Matrix. Coral Reef Liner. Clearwater II Cartridge Filter. Saltron Retro Salt WaterGenerator. 4x20 Ecosaver Solar Panels, Rover Jr. robot vac. Fiberglass Steps and Lifesaver pool fence/gate.

Previous pool: 9x18 intex with salt water generator and vinylworks 5x10 deck.