insulate floor on AG 27ft radiant pool?

ylesew

May 18, 2013
Brand new to FTP. Really loves the wealth of info. I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance:
I live in northern Wisconsin where's it's cold. I'm putting up a 27ft radiant pool and I' 've had a lot of people tell me to insulate the bottom. i know that the majority of heat loss iis at the pool surface. But with mother earth always at approx 54 degrees, i also believe that there is heat loss stolen from the bottom. A couple questions i have:

1. insulate floor - Yes or no?
2. Will weight of water crush insulation?
3. If yes, what type of insulation?
4. If yes , how would you connect insulation board to each other (duct tape, etc?)
5. If yes, would you put the insulation above or below a couple inches

I appreciate anyone's opinion. Would love to hear success stories and/or see pictures.

Thanks again,

Dave

Lot's of people use pink insulation board, the regular stuff you but at a big box. I personally don't believe it retains any meaningful level of heat and I don't think that should be the prime reason to use it.
The main thing it achieves is a nice flat surface without wrinkles or humps.

As for wall foam, sorry if I sound difficult but it simply dosn't have the r value to make a difference in heat retention.

Just my 2 cents.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.