Brand new to FTP. Really loves the wealth of info. I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance:
I live in northern Wisconsin where's it's cold. I'm putting up a 27ft radiant pool and I' 've had a lot of people tell me to insulate the bottom. i know that the majority of heat loss iis at the pool surface. But with mother earth always at approx 54 degrees, i also believe that there is heat loss stolen from the bottom. A couple questions i have:
1. insulate floor - Yes or no?
2. Will weight of water crush insulation?
3. If yes, what type of insulation?
4. If yes , how would you connect insulation board to each other (duct tape, etc?)
5. If yes, would you put the insulation above or below a couple inches
I appreciate anyone's opinion. Would love to hear success stories and/or see pictures.