Converting from SWG to Chlorine System

tjf120

Apr 27, 2013
I have a rock feature on my pool.

It appears the salt in my salt water pool is causing the rock to degrade quicker than normal - I found a pool guy I trust in the Houston area and he said this is pretty common on SW pools he has seen in the area.

I tried a rock sealer, but it didn't do too much to the amount of rock coming off.

Questions (edited):
- I've got the salt down to ~2100 ppm, but the SWG is reading 'general fault, low salt level'
- Does the SWG turn off the cell in a low salt situation?
- Once I get to near zero salt, what is the best way to turn the unit off? I may go back to salt in the future (I'm going to try the summer with the BBB method) can I just unplug the leads from the wall mount to the cell and call it good? Is there a good way to put the cell and wall unit into hibernation?

As the salt level goes down the SWG will first complain about low salt and continue working, and then at a lower salt level shut off.

How you turn the SWG off completely depends on your wiring setup. If everything is hardwired you may need to open the SWG case and disconnect the wires.

Simply disconnecting the cell cable will prevent it from producing chlorine, but the main unit will still be powered on and draw a very small amount of electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.