So there is a skimmer/suction line @ the bottom of the pool?

Jun 29, 2012
My pool is losing water due to some leak near the pool equipment. I told my pool guy to fix it but he hasn't dealt with the issue. Anyways, I have always been told to keep the water level at least half ways from the skimmers and I was wondering if it goes below to the point that no water is going to the skimmers, if the bottom skimmer can function by itself. I'm worried that the pump motor is going to burn out and have this problem become more expensive.

Re: So there is a skimmer/suction line @ the bottom of the p

Depends how your skimmer and floor drain are plumbed. Do they both run to the pad? Or is the floor plumbed to the skimmer? If so, do you have a float diverter in the skimmer?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Re: So there is a skimmer/suction line @ the bottom of the p

If you are pulling water from the skimmer and you uncover them (let the water get low), they will suck in air and you will lose prime and possibly damage your pump if you let it go long enough.

Regardless of the issues with your pool guy, you need to make sure your water level is adequate so you don't damage the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.