iAquaLink control vs. Wall Control or PDA

May 9, 2013
Round Rock, TX
Help me understand something. We are planning to select a builder and start building a new pool within the next 1-2 weeks. I have 4 bids from various PBs. I told each one that I want wireless control from my PC, smartphone, tablet, etc. One of them itemized the Jandy iAquaLink functionality and shows it as an upcharge of $1200. I'm curious about this. My understanding is on a typical pool install you have some sort of control unit (wired button controller or wireless remote PDA), outdoor controller board with actuators, and power center. In Jandy's case, one might have a RS-PS4 control board, RS power center, and the an RS TouchLink, OneTouch, or All Button control center. Am I right? If so, then why would substituting out the control center and substituting in the iAquaLink wireless module run me $1200? From what I can see online, at most it should be an even trade with the cheapest control center or possibly even a little less!

Thanks,
Benjie

$1200 up charge is way to much. I had the PDA system and just bought the iaqualink upgrade the IQ900-RS for $425 which consisted of a new transmit/receive module and RS8 power center. You could get te PDA system and buy the upgrade yourself and just have them install it instead of the RS4 power center module.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would question the PB and see what the deal is. Maybe there is a misunderstanding somewhere and without asking them you are only guess what this charge is for. It could be a typo as well. You never know.

I had the PB clarify the up charge. I made some assumptions on his bid. I thought his "standard" package would be some sort of Jandy control system. It isn't. He was proposing a timer and manual controls for spa, etc. I also misquoted what he had in there, it was $1050, not $1200. Given that, I can see approximately $1000 for the iAquaLink, control modules, power supply, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.