asmith

May 17, 2013
FC- .5
TA- 80
pH- 7.0
CH- 270
CYA- 40
phosphates 300

My pool water is cloudy, not green, just cloudy for a week. Been running the filter 24/day, added 4 gallons of chlorine liquid on Tuesday, 5 pounds of shock on Wednesday, still cloudy on Friday. Just added 5 pounds of pH plus....

What do I do now?

Thanks,

Welcome to the forum.

You need to be more consistent with your chlorine. Allowing it to drop as low as 0.5ppm allows algae to get a foothold and can make it difficult to maintain chlorine levels. If you'll check out the Chlorine CYA Chart you'll see that you should never let your chlorine drop below 3ppm, and your shock level is 16ppm. Since your water isn't clear, you should be keeping your chlorine as close to shock level as you can at all times. That's going to require several tests a day, adding chlorine as required.

Since you have a phosphate number, I'm going to guess those are pool store results? If so, you need your own test kit. The link is in my signature. Once you get your test kit, you will need to follow the shock process (also in my signature).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.