Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liner pulling out of track

1. Back To Top    #1

Liner pulling out of track

I pulled the cover back to get ready to open the pool and on all corners the liner has pulled out from the track. Three corners aren't bad but one has pulled out pretty far. I attached a couple pictures to see if you think it can be fixed. I've been reading and it seems it would be best to not fill it all the way up yet and wait to try to stretch it back into place. Is this the best the way to go or does it not even seem like it can be done? Any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 Inground Vinyl
    26000 Gallons
    Hayward Sand Filter and 2 HP Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liner pulling out of track

Yeah, that can be fixed. You need a warm sunny day and some good finger strength. On a warm sunny day the liner is more likely to stretch without tearing. Then you pull it into place, trying to spread the force required across a wide area of the liner so you don't tear it. Then it gets forced back into the track and wedged into the track with liner lock (or pennies).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Ours was just out a tiny bit in the corner and the pool builder's guys just took really hot water and poured it on the vinyl while stretching it back in place. It was fine when we opened it this year.
    Built in October 2011, 16 x 26 x 20 L shaped vinyl IG steel wall pool, Hayward DE pro grid verticle filter 4800 pool, Hayward two speed superpump, 120,000 BTU Pentair Ultra Temp Heat Pump, Aqua Rite Salt system, 8' wide walk out steps, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 main drains, 500 watt underwater light, intermatic mechanical timer

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, three hours, three guys and two blowdryers later it's back where it needs to be. I think we're going to invest some linerlock to make sure it doesn't happen again because that was horrible. Everybody has blisters on their hands.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18x36 Inground Vinyl
    26000 Gallons
    Hayward Sand Filter and 2 HP Pump