Swap out hayward ec75 for Sta Rite Sys3 300sqft

Aug 10, 2010
Hey guys,

So nice I can turn to this place for decisions like this. Just plumbed and wired in my new Ecostar SVRS pump. LOVE IT! Currently have a ec75 filter. Seems to work just fine.... Although not sure I am getting the flow I need. I can get a used sta rite system3 300sqft model for a steal of a price. Is it worth replacing my ec 75 with sta rite? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Well. I feel spec wise the ec75 is undersized for my pool. It is a pain to open up. Went through 3, 25lb bags of a DE due to backwashing so much. I see nothing but praises coming from the Sta Rite filters. With getting the setup for $200 thought it would be a good deal.

Something seems wrong there, my pool is semi-indoors (surrounded by 12 sliding glass doors), so catches less stuff and is a little smaller than yours, but not by much, I only have to change the DE in my EC75 twice per year, and do the full breakdown and wash out every 18 months or so. Did you have problems with algae, lots of debris in the pool, etc? If so any DE filter will need lots of backwashing.

Ike

p.s. Hayward rates the EC75 at up to 48,000 gallons every 10 hours, at 80 GPM using NSF flow coverage rating

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.