Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Swap out hayward ec75 for Sta Rite Sys3 300sqft

1. Back To Top    #1

Swap out hayward ec75 for Sta Rite Sys3 300sqft

Hey guys,

So nice I can turn to this place for decisions like this. Just plumbed and wired in my new Ecostar SVRS pump. LOVE IT! Currently have a ec75 filter. Seems to work just fine.... Although not sure I am getting the flow I need. I can get a used sta rite system3 300sqft model for a steal of a price. Is it worth replacing my ec 75 with sta rite? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
    pool size - 40kgal
    finish - Gunite
    pump size in horsepower and brand-Variable Speed, Hayward EcoStar SVRS3400
    filter size - Sta-Rite S8M150
    additional equipment - Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Swap out hayward ec75 for Sta Rite Sys3 300sqft

If your happy with your EC75 then why change
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

3. Back To Top    #3

Well. I feel spec wise the ec75 is undersized for my pool. It is a pain to open up. Went through 3, 25lb bags of a DE due to backwashing so much. I see nothing but praises coming from the Sta Rite filters. With getting the setup for $200 thought it would be a good deal.
    pool size - 40kgal
    finish - Gunite
    pump size in horsepower and brand-Variable Speed, Hayward EcoStar SVRS3400
    filter size - Sta-Rite S8M150
    additional equipment - Hayward CL220 Chlorinator

4. Back To Top    #4

Something seems wrong there, my pool is semi-indoors (surrounded by 12 sliding glass doors), so catches less stuff and is a little smaller than yours, but not by much, I only have to change the DE in my EC75 twice per year, and do the full breakdown and wash out every 18 months or so. Did you have problems with algae, lots of debris in the pool, etc? If so any DE filter will need lots of backwashing.

Ike

p.s. Hayward rates the EC75 at up to 48,000 gallons every 10 hours, at 80 GPM using NSF flow coverage rating
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~