LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My liner has got its last bandaid that hopefully will last through this swim season:?: starting to look into estimates and types of liners and have a few questions maybe some folks can chime in on....

1. Been told the best time to replace is spring time when temps and sun is warming up in the 70's??

2. Looking at Latham super max 27mil liners right now, anyone have any bad or good experiences with them??

3. Any other major/minor things that should be looked at or replaced at this time while the pool will be empty??

4. Going to have a pool contractor do it , what's typically included in this type of work or what potentially is an "extra" as I've seen in the past with other construction work??

Sent from my DNA using Tapatalk

I don't know the brand you are speaking about, but I do suggest getting a good quality 27 mil liner, in my experience it varies some with the installer, but most I have talked to over the years around here include removal and replacement of the liner as well as minor patching, etc. I was just in a local pool store that does a lot of pool maintenance work, and asked for a quote on liner replacement even though I hope to get a few more years out of mine. Quote was $2,000 for 27 mil liner (did not catch the brand name) and $1,100 for installation, I did say that I thought the liner would last out the season, so they may have given me off season installation price. I have never had this guy do any work for me, but he seems to talk the talk.

Thanks for the reply, I just got a price for everything installed for $2500, including some leveling work if needed in the deep end and side walls and all new gaskets and plastics at all penetration points (skimmer, returns, MD) didn't think that was a bad price at all....

Now I just have to limp through this season and I'll be ready to replace next spring :)

Anyone have any pros/cons or just plain ole' preference as to a lighter or darker liner? The one that's getting replace is very light (mostly faded) and you can definitely see ANY debris very quickly on the floor but then again the water looks great to,we are sort of leaning towards a darker blue? Just thought I would see what other folks liked or regretted after choosing a specific shade for themselves...

Had my liner replaced last season for 3K

It included:
removal/disposal of old liner
new 27 mil liner and installation
minor patchwork of the pool base
new fixtures and framing around steps
plus addition of CYA and chlorine

I went with darker blue tile print on a blue based liner and have been very happy with it.

Thanks...that what we are currently looking at as well...a darker blue liner and was told the darker colors are blue all the way through (slows the fading a lot)compared to the lighter ones that are typically white on the back side of it....and same on the Thickness to 27mil:)

So I have it somewhat set up to have my liner replaced next spring with a local installer and just recently he mentioned after the new liner is in I should not have my FC above 3ppm because it will definitely bleach out the liner prematurely?? I currently run my FC levels between 4 and 6 ppm 4 at the very minimum (CYA at 40-50 typically) ...I can't see it being that much of a dramatic difference from 3 to a 6max ppm level that it would bleach/lighten the liner any faster??
Any thoughts/comments??

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.