As of today tests,
FC 3.8
Cc 0
PH 8.0
TA 180
CH 170
Cya 40
Salt 2800
So with that I have a few questions. I am in the process of lowering my TA. I added muriatic acid to drop PH and will then aerate with swg and deck jets. I added cya to raise that. I used pool calculator to figure out dosage. My questions are my auto pilot digital says salt level is 3400 but my testing gives me 2800. Why is my swg so far off. And should I add salt. Also should I try to lower my calcium or just let it ride. I have a vinyl pool. Thank you for your input.
Ryan

What are you using to check your salt levels? If you have the Taylor K-1766 test, I would trust that result over what your SWCG system says.

As long as you keep your pH within appropriate range, your CH shouldn't be an issue.

Leave your CH alone. It is fine and there is no need to reduce it. Nice work on using the correct procedure for lowering TA.......of course, keep the pH down in the 7's when you are finished with the TA lowering process.

If you are not having any problems with the SWG making chlorine, then I would leave the SWG alone. I have the Taylor test kit and my numbers have varied by 400 with that test. The number that matters is what the SWG says, and when that number is giving you problems is when you need to use the Taylor test to verify the salt content.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.