Took the some turns out of the pump intake - Opinions

yukonsc

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2012
Oakton,Va
Guys - the intake system for the pool had a bunch of turns. Taking you advice I set out to eliminate as many as possible. Can you take a look this is configuration and provide feedback before I fit everything and glue. (Note this only roughed in)

Regarding the vertical SPA jandy I know it looks like I could place it horizontal - but I can't. there is not enough space even with 2 jandy valves touching.

Before

[attachment=1:povn0qgt]mini-pool config.jpg[/attachment:povn0qgt]

and purposed After shots attached(sorry for the crappy phone pic)

[attachment=0:povn0qgt]IMG-20130517-00165-small.jpg[/attachment:povn0qgt]

Attachments

• mini-pool config.jpg
    mini-pool config.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG-20130517-00165-small.jpg
    IMG-20130517-00165-small.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 46
Well, if it's not put together yet, I see no reason not to move the pump about a foot to the right and eliminate the 2 90's on the suction side of the pump.

There probably is a reason why not but I don't see it from the pics.

I think Dave only saw the before picture.

Your after looks ok, are you going to need 2 more 90s to drop to the pump? Going to be a little annoying to turn that one valve, Youmay want to flip it to the other side.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I am going to try and cut it down so it would be a straight shot into the pump.

Turning the valve around - Yes thank you good pick up b/c the pipe would be going across the top of the handle.

I'll cut everything down today and do a formal dry fit - I actually plan on dry fitting the whole thing (return side) before the glue comes out....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.