What's your pool cleaners name?

totally weird but ultimately satisfying to know that I am not alone out there giving our Polaris 280 a name.

Dunno why, but he's a he and he's called Steve. What's really amusing is that our house is rented out for several months of the year and the renters also now refer to him as Steve....so he's gaining notoriety in many parts of the world!!

Since my Platinum Legend was "The Monster" (named by small frightened grand-kids), we are going with "AquaMon" for my new Aquabot 4WD.

We named ours "IKE" in reference to a crazy kid we knew named Ike that was always roaming around, across, in and out and back and forth in one of our previous neighborhoods years ago, never with anyone, Ike was ALWAYS on the move - but we never ever figured out what it was that he did - or where he was going to - or coming from or even who he was associated or lived with. But Ike was constantly in motion. Truly, Ike was in his own little lonely world in that we never quite understood. Our pool cleaner, a Haward XL, got his name from THAT Ike and the most common exclamation shouted at our Ike is; "Go Ike, Go!" while he runs in circles and up and down and around our pool with really not much of an idea of where he's going, or where he's been. Just like Ike from back in the day.
Our Ike is just always on the move in his own little world ... :wave: < Ike.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have a Blue Pearl (Thanks Woot!), so we obviously call her "Pearl".

The most disturbing thing is my wife thinks the filter bag looks like a big pair of granny underwear, so when its clean out time she says "OK! Who is gonna clean Pearls panties?". :shock: :lol:

Backglass said:
The most disturbing thing is my wife thinks the filter bag looks like a big pair of granny underwear, so when its clean out time she says "OK! Who is gonna clean Pearls panties?". :shock: :lol:
+1 ! My DW says, "It's time to change Robie's diaper." Kinda get a funny feelin' when I dump the Polaris bag....

When we bought our house two years ago, the owner informed us that his kids had named the pool cleaner "Jacques". (Polaris 280) Alas, poor Jacques gave it his all and is now residing in our shed for parts. Now we have Jacques Jr. (or JJ for short) who is a nice, stylish Polaris 3900 Sport with those cool mag wheels.

We call ours "that Darn thing" as it gets stuck every 2 to 3 days. It is the Pentair Legend Platinum and I would highly recommend against it. It's designed is so that there is a gap between the wheels and the body, just enough for the hose to fit there and jam the moving wheel. It cleans just fine when it's not stuck and I've often thought if it just had a half an inch guide to keep the hose out of the wheels it would be perfect. We just dislike it too much to have anything but an abusive name for it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.