Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your pool cleaners name?

1. Back To Top    #1

What's your pool cleaners name?

Thought this would be a fun thread. What is your pool cleaners nickname. I know We all have one for them.

Mine is a Polaris 9300 named zing bot or zingy for short.
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What's your pool cleaners name?

We like our Wall-E. (Arnson Pool sweep)
    Mike
    ~17' x 34' IG pool with attached spa - 20500 gallons - Gunite with a "pebblesheen"-ish finish
    Jandy iAqualink with iPad and Jandy PDA remote - Pentair IntelliFlo VS 11018 Pump
    AquaRite SWCG - Pentair SMBW 4060 DE Filter - Really Old Raypak heater
    "Wall-E" an Arneson-Hayward Navigator - A couple of Jandy/Zodiac WaterColors LED Lights - Blue-White F-1000 Flow meter

3. Back To Top    #3

robie 2.
    SmartKleen Nitro - NC22
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

4. Back To Top    #4

ThePoolCleaner
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Lately it's been "That d*** thing!" or "It" as in "It's stuck in the corner again!". My cleaner is an antique, and the replacement parts to give it a full tune-up would be about as much as a new cleaner anyways!
    Matt
    9k gallon, plaster, IG. Raised spa w/ spillover into pool. AO Smith Century Centurion / Purex Triton WisperFlo 0.5 HP, Hayward 1.5 HP (spa), Polaris 1-516-01 1.5 HP (blower). Hayward DE3620 36 ft2 72 GPM DE Filter, Polaris 145 cleaner. Pool built ~1980.
    Trouble-free, BBB since: April 25, 2013

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by thehowheels
    Lately it's been "That d*** thing!" or "It" as in "It's stuck in the corner again!". My cleaner is an antique, and the replacement parts to give it a full tune-up would be about as much as a new cleaner anyways!

Mine is 6 months old and I often find it laying in the deep end on its back. It somehow gets itself up though.
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

7. Back To Top    #7

Bessie.
    Pueblo West
    Colorado
    New pool owner!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Pablo.
    Maddie- TFP Guide. 12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

Grandkids call it "the monster", they scream when it gets near. (platinum legend)
    IG pebble, 15,000 gallon
    48” PentAir DE Filter with backwash valve
    PentAir Whisperflo pump with 1hp 2-speed motor
    Aquabot 4WD, Poolskim
    Intermatic Dual Timeclock with freezeguard
    DIY chlorine feed
    BBB

10. Back To Top    #10

The shark!

Polaris 280
    18'x43' Sport Pool
    19,000 Gallons Vinyl Liner 3'-3.5'-4'
    SWCG and D.E. Filter
    Test Kits - Pool Calculator - Chlorine/CYA Chart - Pool School

Secret Weapon for Pool Chemistry Testing

11. Back To Top    #11

Algaenon
    20k gal, IG Vinyl, IntelliFlo VF Pump, 60 GPM sand filter, Jandy Aquapure Ei 35, 2 skimmers, one main drain, two returns, Dolphin Diagnostic cleaning robot, Taylor K-2006 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Robie.

Polaris 380.
    36K gallon 42X22 gunite/plaster kidney-shaped IG;
    1 hp Hayward Super Pump (new in 2012);
    Hayward S244T sand filter w/ Zeosand (both new in 2009);
    175K BTU LAARS Lite2 LG natural gas heater; Polaris 380;
    TF-100 test kit.

13. Back To Top    #13

So funny! Craig Junior! My son's name is Craig -- and he likes to build robots. So, our pool robot got the nickname of Craig Junior!

Polaris 9400 sport 4wd

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by sroderus
    So funny! Craig Junior! My son's name is Craig -- and he likes to build robots. So, our pool robot got the nickname of Craig Junior!

Polaris 9400 sport 4wd
    That's pretty good. How do you like the 9400 4wd? Did you have the 9300 before it?

15. Back To Top    #15

José but it's not racist because I'm Mexican! Haha

16. Back To Top    #16

Polaris 280 - Affectionately known as Flipper for the aiming ability of its tail.
    23k Vinyl, Sand Filter tr60, 1hp Whisperflo pump,Coverstar autocover
    Polaris 280,K2006 kit,direct sunlight

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by kyle11
    Quote Originally Posted by sroderus

Polaris 9400 sport 4wd
    That's pretty good. How do you like the 9400 4wd? Did you have the 9300 before it?

kyle11 -- we ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE LOVE our 9400. It was our first (second year with our pool) so we did not have the 9300 before. It does an amazing job. Best thing it picked up so far was a swimming cap! LOL! Since this was our first time opening our pool, we were frankly amazed at the level of "goop" and fine grit dirt it got off the bottom of the pool. We just love it! After SEVERAL runs after opening -- it would finally run the entire pool without stopping to tell us the basket was full. Amazing.... It has NEVER been stuck or not been able to get itself out of a position.

18. Back To Top    #18

I wasn't very creative with mine. I have a Wanda the Whale, so I call it, umm... Wanda.
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

19. Back To Top    #19

The Dog... as in, "Would you go empty The Dog's bag? It looks pretty full." Or, " The Dog is all tangled up in his line, would you go get him?" Or, "Stupid Dog is stuck on the step again, give him a kick would you?"

Used to be called Bad Dog because when you did anything, set him free from the step or changed his doggie bag, he'd pee all over you. Now that we got that tail thing that doesn't happen any more.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

20. Back To Top    #20

Our son named ours Wall-E but when I am out by the pool and it squirts me I end up calling it little Bastar@.

Pool Size: 20 x 40 Free Form Inground Plaster Pool w/ a shallow cove.
    Gallons : ~23K Jandy CL580 Cartridge Filter, Jandy e-pump 1.5HP
    Polaris 280 w/ Booster Pump, AqualinkRS PDA4 Remote, Aqua-Pure SWG
    Jandy LED Pool Lights (2), Heliocol 500 Sq. Ft solar rack system

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast