Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help - Stains on bottom of the pool, can I do anything?

1. Back To Top    #1

Help - Stains on bottom of the pool, can I do anything?

I bought a new house. This is in Houston TX. It is starting to be pool weather, 90 F here today and pool temp of 82 F.

Here is a pic of the pool

Upon closer inspection of the pool now that we have moved in, there are stains on the bottom of the pool. Any idea what type of stains these are? They aren't white, so not calcium? They look brown/grey. Someone said it could be metal leaching from the gunnite bottom into the plaster?

I'll post pool chemistry tomorrow after new test kit arrives. Pool store tests, everything looks ok.

Is there anything I can do now that the stains are there? I tried rub them with a steel brush, and a chlorine puck - no affect. There does feel to be a slight 'raise' to them.
    Houston Texas - 18 k gals pool, Hayward 2 HP main pump, 0.75 hp boost pump, 2 HP waterfall pump, Hayward H400 idl Heater, DE filter
    Polaris 280 pool bot - Taylor 2006 Test Kit - BB (no Borax yet)

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Help - Stains on bottom of the pool, can I do anything?

Try and crush up some cheapo vitamin C tablets in a sock and scrub and hold it there a while if you think it's a metal stain.
    Dang nice pool btw!
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!