Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: GoldLine GL-235 Actuator

1. Back To Top    #1

GoldLine GL-235 Actuator

I tried calling customer service and was on hold for a very long time. Hope someone here can provide me with an answer. Underneath the actuator box, there is a switch than can be moved in 3 positions. Front, middle, back. One of the positions, I forget which one off hand, closes the valve automatically. What are the other two positions? Maybe you can tell me the three positions since I don't remember which one closes it. Just want to make sure it is working properly. Thank you.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: GoldLine GL-235 Actuator

The three positions are clockwise - Off - counterclockwise for lack of a better way of putting it.

The two outside positions are there so you can change the rotation direction of the actuator without rewiring it. You flip in the direction you need it to be to have the valve open and close in the correct mode.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    SW Louisiana

Re: GoldLine GL-235 Actuator

Ok a couple of things, the GL-235 is the control box, I suspect your talking about the GVA-24 actuator, if so the switch is as Bama said, you can think of it as Forward -- Off -- Reverse operation
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~