Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar Dots?

1. Back To Top    #1
    East Texas

Solar Dots? ... urce=email

A new one on me! Just had it advertised to me in an email today. Comments? Input?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Solar Dots?

I think a majority of the heat supplied by the sun would be absorbed before reaching the bottom. That said, dark pool do seem to be a little warmer than white pools. They may help some, but I would think that for the price of covering the bottom of the pool, you could get a solar panel or 2 that would do a better job.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

I worry about the areas of poor circulation they create.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    SW Louisiana

Looks like someone got a great deal on round black shower mats from China and had to come up with a remarketing idea, having said that I probably helps a little, but close to 50% of the suns heat is absorbed by the first 3 ft of water, this absorption is not exactly linear though so 6 ft of water is about 63% not the 75% you would think, etc.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida

I think Isaac-1 has it pegged....overstock from China and a VERY creative marketing guy
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School