Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Suggestions for a Vacuum

1. Back To Top    #1
    East of Dallas

Suggestions for a Vacuum

I have about reached my wits end with trying to keep the bottom edges of the pool clean. I can brush all I want, but it still does not get all of the sand that the wind blows in or that my flagstone edge deposits when wet and rainy.

Suggestions of what can be used aside from my pool cleaner to pick up sand on the edges? I have check Amazon etc for some ideas and see some small vacuum type products that get just middle road reviews etc.

14100 gallon IG Gunite Pool
    Sapphire Smoke Quartz Plaster
    Pentair SunTouch Controller, Intelliflo 4x160 Pump, 520 Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor SWG System
    Legend Platinum Cleaner with booster pump
    My Pool Build

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Suggestions for a Vacuum

If you know it's sand and not just really really really fine dirt, I'd personally recommend the Pool Blaster Max. Rechargable battery, fits on a standard pole, fine mesh filter available for inside the normal bag. Sure saves me a lotta times I would probably hook up either my pool Rover Jr. or the Diver Dave or just manual vac it. I just love it. It will pretty much capture everything I need it to to except for really really really fine red clay dust.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!