lulupalooza

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
Evans, GA
On 5/25 I tested and these where my results

CL 2
pH 7.2
TA 90

So I added 174 oz bleach and 54 oz borax (per pool calc) at bring pH up to 7.5- where I would like to keep it at

Tested the next morning 5/26

CL 5
pH 8.2 IT WAS DRK PINK!

Tested this morning 5/28

CL 4
pH 7.8 (is definately not as dark as it was!)
TA 100

My question is should I add m/a to try to bring the pH down to 7.5 or should I just leave it since it seems it's coming down gradually on it's own? I don't want to mess with TA- not so worried about it being 100, just don't want it to go up.

TYIA

Let the pH drop on its own. Each pool is an individual system and seems to find an equilibrium at which it wants to run. My pool wants to be at pH = 7.5 and so, when it gets there after startup, I leave it be.

AnnaK

AnnaK said:
Let the pH drop on its own. Each pool is an individual system and seems to find an equilibrium at which it wants to run. My pool wants to be at pH = 7.5 and so, when it gets there after startup, I leave it be.

AnnaK

I agree, as long as it stays within 7.2 - 7.8 . I've found with mine that if it's a tad low, I raise the TA by 10 until the pH stabilizes around 7.4 - 7.6 . Usually with TA = 110, my pH stays right at 7.4 .

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.