Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Emptying and Replacing water?

1. Back To Top    #1

Emptying and Replacing water?

I just found the site and I am going to try the BBB method. I was trying the ionizers like Floatron and Eko Klor. My Floatron worked years ago then stopped working. The guy at the company said my water was probably too hard with too many metals.

I have lived at the house for 13 years and never really drained the pool. He suggested that I need to drain at least half out and replace the water. Does this make sense?

I probably plan on doing that this weekend but also will be switching over to BBB.
    23,000 IG plaster pool, hayward 2 speed 2.5 hp pump and 550 sq. ft. cartridge filter, SWG, Polaris 360

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Emptying and Replacing water?

I think the best plan is to get your test kit (http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html) and find out where you are now before you do anything else. You may or may not need to replace water. In the meantime, read Pool School. (http://www.troublefreepool.com/pool-school/) When you're done, read it again.
    Knowing your starting point will help you get where you want to go in the shortest time with the least money spent.
    16x32 Oval In-ground Vinyl, ~17,000 gallons, Hayward 1hp Superpump, Hayward S245T Sand Filter

Worn out sand? sand-filter-expert-help-t30049.html
    Drain the easy way: cyanuric-acid-blues-draining-pool-t43843.html
    http://tftestkits.net/splash-page.html , pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock , pool-school/shocking_your_pool

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by FrankFL
    I just found the site and I am going to try the BBB method.
    First step is order a GOOD test kit. I prefer the TF-100 because its compact yet has all the tests you'll need to dose your water and in larger quantities than other kits. You can't get the proper test for *accurate* chlorine tests at Wallyworld. The only other test kit I ordered is the Taylor salt water test kit, but I don't have to use that often.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks guys or gals. I appreciate the help.
    23,000 IG plaster pool, hayward 2 speed 2.5 hp pump and 550 sq. ft. cartridge filter, SWG, Polaris 360