Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: UGP Vinyl liner cleaning options.

1. Back To Top    #1

UGP Vinyl liner cleaning options.

Hi all,
    I would like to know if anybody has any options to clean an above ground pool vinyl, both inside and outside.
    Tkx
    Intex above ground Rect UltraFrame 12x24x52, 8500gal. Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 14". Intex SWG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: UGP Vinyl liner cleaning options.

Inside is easy, raising your FC level and holding it at shocking levels while the pool is full will slowly remove organic stains.

Outside is tougher. If the stuff to clean is organic, then a bleach solution plus scrubbing can work, but it could be a lot of work. How important is it to you to have a "clean" outside? It probably does not hurt the pool function to have a dirty wall, and you can do the bleach cleaning once the pool is full on the walls which would be the only parts visible.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Does bleach/clorox on the outside will damage the vinyl?
    Intex above ground Rect UltraFrame 12x24x52, 8500gal. Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 14". Intex SWG.

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by marolir
    Does bleach/clorox on the outside will damage the vinyl?
    Good question, and I should have been more clear. You would want a very dilute bleach solution to prevent "bleaching" the outside of the liner (though the ultra grey may not have issues). You can also use soaps, but you do not want to get that into your pool water. Somewhere on here I think I read of someone power washing the outsides once the pool was full, but you would want to be careful I think.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.