Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: One leg outside of liner sleeve on 15'x42" Intex Metal Frame

1. Back To Top    #1

One leg outside of liner sleeve on 15'x42" Intex Metal Frame

We put up our 15 x 42" Intex metal frame pool (2012 purchase) and missed putting one of the legs inside of the liner strap and the pool is full.

Of course I don't want to drain and fix as I'm on well water and it takes forever to fill, is it ok for this one leg to be outside the liner sleeve being there is the rope on the bottom outside of all legs?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: One leg outside of liner sleeve on 15'x42" Intex Metal F

Welcome to tfp, Machster179

If the pool isn't bowing out where the leg is not behind the strap, I would not worry about it. If it does bow, you could attach the leg to the strap with rope for now.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: One leg outside of liner sleeve on 15'x42" Intex Metal F

We put up our Intex Metal Frame 10' x 30" pool and found we NEEDED to leave one leg out because putting it back in made the rest pull in. It's like the belt around it is just a tad too small. It's working out just fine. No issues.