2 speed pump

Apr 15, 2012
South Dakota
I think this year I am going to experiment with running my pump on low 24 hours instead of half the day high and half on low.

People with multi speed pumps have you had good success only running the pump on low? When people are in the pool I would override and run it on high.

I assume chemicals should be added when pump is on high speed?

Thanks

I am not an expert and am just getting into the whole pool thing.

But my understanding is apart from water features, high speed is used for backwashing, vacuuming and possibly for skimmer function. But the speed needed for adequate skimmer function is hard to predict. So you can try at low speeds and see if it keeps your pool clean.

Regarding adding chemicals: I do not see any reason why you need anything more than low speed to circulate your water.

Hope this helps but wait for the big boys to chime in!

nealyak is correct. There is not normally any reason to use high speed for normal circulation. The only at all common exception is a pressure or suction side pool cleaner that does not have a booster pump. You generally only need 6 to 8 hours on low a day, maybe a little more or less depending on your specific setup.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.