Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austin Texas, Fiberglass Pool PB - Recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Austin Texas, Fiberglass Pool PB - Recommendations?

I am looking to install a 33x15 elegance fiberglass pool in austin texas and wanted to see if there are PB recommendations or PB to avoid. I spoke with premier fiberglass and will get a quote from them next week. thanks for all the help.
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 320 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Installed August 2013, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Wireless remote.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Austin Texas, Fiberglass Pool PB - Recommendations?

I met with premier fiberglass over the weekend and really liked them seemed knowledgeable and reasonable. I will post quote once I get it. I would still like to get more quotes but so far my searches have either led me to companies that don't exist anymore or ones that have bad reviews/experiences (lonestar fiberglass, aqua pools, etc.) There has to be someone on this board that installed FB in austin and had good experience with their PB. anyone that can offer help?
    34x15, 17K Fiberglass In-Ground Leisure Morroccan SWG, 1 1/2HP 2 speed SuperfFlo pump, Pentair Intellichlor SWG, Pentair Clean & Clear 320 cartridge filter, Pentair EasyTouch 8 panel, 4 returns, 1 skimmer, Installed August 2013, Fiberstar 3-color LEDs, AquaBot AWD robot cleaner, Pentair Easy Touch 8 Wireless remote.

3. Back To Top    #3

How about these guys.....

Leisure Pools
    New Braunfels, TX
    http://us.leisurepoolsonline.com/
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

4. Back To Top    #4

these are the manufactures and their dealer in austin is premier pools, which is the one I am getting quote from

5. Back To Top    #5

Oh, I thought they did installation as well.
    Jim

Southern Frederick County, MD - Leisure Moroccan 38 Fiberglass Pool - 19,800 gallons
    Pentair 1.5 hp 2 speed pump - Cartridge filter - Dolphin robot - TF-100 Test Kit - SWCG

6. Back To Top    #6

Leisure does do installations, but only in the New Braunfels/San Antonio area. For Austin, they have Premiere as their licenses installer.

I'm also considering fiberglass vs gunite and I'm in Round Rock. I've had Premiere out as well as a few gunite guys. I don't know about you but The Leisure pool Premiere installation seems to be almost as much as gunite. I know fiberglass folks preach about some advantages to gunite, but I'm still surprised how expensive they are relative to gunite. I seriously considering DIY fiberglass. I'm hesitant to try it with gunite, but fiberglass would be MUCH easier! Maybe we can work a two person group special! [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
    35'x16' IG geometric with 8'x6' spa (16.5K gallons); White Diamond Pebblesheen w/Abalone Shells; Jandy 460 cartridge filter; Jandy 2HP E pump; Jandy 400K heater; Water Tech Blue Diamond Pro; TF-100 w/SpeedStir

7. Back To Top    #7

ok that makes sense for leisure/premier in austin. I am waiting to get a quote from premier today i will share once I get. based on everything I've read on this site and everywhere else I am sold on FB from ease of use/care. I agree it should be a bit cheaper than gunite due to easier installation. I did consider DYI also especially since my brother that is extremely handy has offered to assist but I am concerned about warranty since installation is trickiest part of having a trouble free FB pool and I'd rather let Premier do it and be worry free from that standpoint. Can you share your quote from premier so we can compare?

8. Back To Top    #8

I'm still waiting on my "official" quote. They said they'd have it to me in the next couple days. Mine is going to be high as I'm doing more than just the standard package.
    35'x16' IG geometric with 8'x6' spa (16.5K gallons); White Diamond Pebblesheen w/Abalone Shells; Jandy 460 cartridge filter; Jandy 2HP E pump; Jandy 400K heater; Water Tech Blue Diamond Pro; TF-100 w/SpeedStir

9. Back To Top    #9

which pool you considering? I am thinking the 30x15 SWG morocan with variable speed pump, heater, intellichlor.

10. Back To Top    #10

We were thinking the 38' Moroccan with tanning ledge, but may also consider the 34' Riviera with tanning ledge. Also the Sorrento spa. Similar equipment set up to you.

11. Back To Top    #11

what about decking? I am considering doing the cool concrete

12. Back To Top    #12

Yeah, between that and pavers for me.

13. Back To Top    #13

I found a couple more and will be getting quotes from them also.
    will post bids as I get them.

14. Back To Top    #14

Got one more fiberglass PB that serves austin texas area
    Aquamarine Pools of texas

I will post quote in a bit.

15. Back To Top    #15

I'm still waiting on Premiere! I'll be interested in seeing your other bids compared to your Premiere bid so I can figure out if I want to pursue or not. Thanks!

16. Back To Top    #16

yeah takes them a while to respond it's their super busy season now. I posted the other quote from aqua pools.

17. Back To Top    #17

My Premiere quote came in higher than the gunite guys. $78K.

18. Back To Top    #18

I have been lurking a few weeks now. Aqua pools is starting our dig June 17. We are near Beaumont. They just did an install for one of my husbands coworkers and they did a great job with zero problems. I am not foreseeing any issues with ours!
    12,500 fiberglass. Sand filter,

19. Back To Top    #19

so you going gunite?

20. Back To Top    #20

Looking that way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast