Some bleach??

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
Waiting on my Taylor test kit which will be here Sat. I won't have a chance to open the pool and run water tests until Thursday. When I do pull the cover off on Thursday, should I at least put "some" bleach in the water right away to help fight algae right off the bat?

I will be posting the results here and following your guys advice but it might be a day or two until I can add read the responses and add chemicals. From what I have read algae can grow pretty quickly and I figure maybe putting some chorine in the pool right off the bat might help prevent any immediate growth.

Or - is that just a total waste of time and bleach?

If when you open, your water is fairly clear and if you have the OTO test kit (the one that has a view tube usually attached to the ph view tube), then I would use that and get your FC (TC in the case of the OTO chlorine test) up to 3 ppm each day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.