semi inground pool question

May 15, 2013
Hi all,

First let me say, I'm not sure of this is the proper forum for this question. If not, I apologize and would appreciate direction as to the appropriate forum.

My wife and I have never owned a pool before, and are looking forward to getting our first one this summer! So here is our situation...We have a 12 X 33 deck off of the back of our house, where the long side is against the house. It is a low deck and sits about 18 inches above ground. We would like to expand the deck and keep it at it's present level and incorporate a pool. The ground slopes up slightly from the back of the deck (about 8 inches over 35 feet). We are looking to get a pool about 15 to 18 feet wide by 30 to 35 feet long. The pool would sit perpendicular to the house, so we would be extending the deck out 40 feet or so.

For this set up to work we need a pool that can be buried almost completely (1 to 1.5 feet of the pool wall would be above grade). We have been doing a fair amount of research on pool brands, but would appreciate any thoughts on our planned set up and experiences with different manufacturers. We are considering the EZ panel pool and the Radiant Keystone pool. The EZ panel is pretty expensive and I can't find prices online for the Keystone. Are there other manufacturers for this type of set up?

Thanks,

Kevin

When I was looking at semi-inground pools. I found that they all run about the same price. You most likely won't find one of that size for under $10k. The radiant pools are in the $12k-$15k. That is the cost from the dealer here.

Thanks cmiller73. I assumed that was the case with the cost, but wanted make sure I wasn't missing an obvious player in this area. Still less than an IG, though..... BTW, did you ever go with a semi-inground? if so, are you happy with it?

No. Couldn't swing the extra cash to get what I really wanted. I needed a 18'x40'+. I was really interested in a fiberglass IG but that was pushing $35k for the package.
I was told, by my shop, that the Matrix 54 can be semi-inround and is SWG compatible. I'm trying to verrify the SWG compatibility. I won't be putting this one inground though.

On your issue, why not make a mulitlayer deck? You could get many ideas from the deck forum here and make it look good.

Didn't want to go with a multi-layer deck b/c a higher deck will obstruct the view to the rest of the yard and I want to minimize that. We have a 1.5 acre plot of land and most of it is behind the house and fairly wooded.

Thanks CharlieBear,

Your research is pretty consistent with what I have found. I emailed fabcote to see if there was a dealer near me, but got no response. To bad because I was definitely interested in their pool. I got a crazy high price quote from the local radiant dealer on the keystone line. so I won't be going with them. I actually got a pretty decent price quote on the EZ panel through an online company. Trying to find someone to do the install now. I have a local pool company who sells the EZ panel, but they won't do just the install. I need to buy from them, but they can't match the price. at this point, unless I hear from fabcote, I will probably go with the EZ panel. I'll keep ya'll posted...

statman said:
Thanks CharlieBear,

Your research is pretty consistent with what I have found. I emailed fabcote to see if there was a dealer near me, but got no response. To bad because I was definitely interested in their pool. I got a crazy high price quote from the local radiant dealer on the keystone line. so I won't be going with them. I actually got a pretty decent price quote on the EZ panel through an online company. Trying to find someone to do the install now. I have a local pool company who sells the EZ panel, but they won't do just the install. I need to buy from them, but they can't match the price. at this point, unless I hear from fabcote, I will probably go with the EZ panel. I'll keep ya'll posted...

Statman,

I feel your pain. I love the look of the "Ultimate" Fabcote / Foxpool, and the Doughboy. The Fabcote / Doughboy dealer near me is a high pressure sales floor, and they won't even discuss sending someone to your house to look at your property and walk through the installation process. They want a 10% deposit for a consult. That's not getting off on a good foot with me for a $12K -- $15K transaction.

Try this site: www.foxpool.com They have a link to locate a dealer. They sell the same "Ultimate" pool.

I agree with you -- finding an installer for a semi inground pool is tough.

I work long hours, and I don't have the time to completely sub out and handle each step. I wish I could find someone experienced to handle the whole installation.

-CharlieBear

statman said:
Thanks CharlieBear,

Were you able to find any reviews comparing the EZ panel and the Radiant Metric? I can't find much on the web. I think both look ok, I'm mainly interested in which is going to be stronger when it comes time to do a quick liner change. I don't want the pool to collapse.

-CharlieBear

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.