Need help choosing a cleaner

jackty

Jan 18, 2011
West Tennessee
We ordered our pool from Royal last week. Originally I was planning to get the Polaris 280, but now I'm seeing all this talk about Robotic cleaners. I honestly don't know the difference (I've never owned a pool). If I'm paying $750 for the Polaris 280, and if there is something out there that is better for a similar price I'd like to be pointed in that direction. We are building a Grecian L, vinyl pool.

Pool Supply World sent me an email with the AquaBot Hydro EXL on sale for $329, but I don't know if that a better product than what I'm currently looking at. I'd appreciate any help.

we have a 280 with a booster pump. The booster pump was solid for about 15 years ago but needs to be replaced now. the 280 has been a very good cleaner for both leaves, dirt and silt. However, it needs a lot of maintenance and for us they seem to last about five years. So for your $750 and a $440 spend every five years (and the cost of electricity) you'll end up with a very good solution.

My sense is that a lot of the robotic pool cleaners die after 3-4 years...and may need warranty maintenance before that. It's really hard to figure out because all the evidence is anecdotal.

you and i are sort of in the same situation now except it will cost me $1150 to replace pump and solaris. It's a function of living in an expensive place. So for me, a $750 robot that lasts 3-4 years is cost effective. For you, given the price of pump+booster in your market, I'd go for that solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.