Interesting Circupool Test

May 14, 2012
Split from this topic. Bama

I am not sure this post is the place to put this, and I apologize for the hijack...On my compupool the salt reading I get reads LOW on polarity 2 and about 6000 on polarity 1. Any clue as to why? I dont have any salt strips to test, but will get some today to see what it really is.

Edit...It is a CIRCUPOOL SWCG...sorry for the trouble :hammer:

SWG cells work in normal and reverse polarity. The two different polarities actually use different sides of the cell plates as their active surface. It is possible, though rare, for one side of the cell plate to wear out before the other side, which will result in exactly the symptom you describe.

The CircuPool RJ series has two circuits that drive the salinity display; one for each polarity. When one side of the circuit displays differently than the other, it is almost always a calibration issue cause by a voltage spike such as lighting. I recommend calling the CircuPool techs at 888-206-9938 and they will talk you through the calibration process. They will need to know the actual salinity of the pool water so test it with your own strips or take a water sample to the pool store. Thanks!

Reactions: Trk3263
Thanks for the responses. I will call the tech line today. Unfortunately I was reading the polarity 2 reading and dumping salt. So I will test tonight to get a real number but my guess is it is in the 6500 range. Tastes that way. The 4 inches of rain over the last 2 days should reduce it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.