Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Interesting Circupool Test

1. Back To Top    #1

Interesting Circupool Test

Split from this topic. Bama

I am not sure this post is the place to put this, and I apologize for the hijack...On my compupool the salt reading I get reads LOW on polarity 2 and about 6000 on polarity 1. Any clue as to why? I dont have any salt strips to test, but will get some today to see what it really is.

Edit...It is a CIRCUPOOL SWCG...sorry for the trouble
    Mike in Saratoga NY
    14,000 gallon (33' x 15' 8") Saratoga fiberglass
    Hayward model SP1085 auto skim
    Hayward CL 200/220 ACF
    Hayward Clear plus C12002 Filter
    SWCG
    4 color fiber optic lights

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Interesting Circupool Test

Post back once you get the salt tested, but I suspect the cell is failing.

Have you cleaned the cell?
    What do the cell blades look like? Worn, dog-eared, etc.?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

SWG cells work in normal and reverse polarity. The two different polarities actually use different sides of the cell plates as their active surface. It is possible, though rare, for one side of the cell plate to wear out before the other side, which will result in exactly the symptom you describe.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4

The CircuPool RJ series has two circuits that drive the salinity display; one for each polarity. When one side of the circuit displays differently than the other, it is almost always a calibration issue cause by a voltage spike such as lighting. I recommend calling the CircuPool techs at 888-206-9938 and they will talk you through the calibration process. They will need to know the actual salinity of the pool water so test it with your own strips or take a water sample to the pool store. Thanks!
    Don Uhle, Discount Salt Pool

5. Back To Top    #5

Thanks for the responses. I will call the tech line today. Unfortunately I was reading the polarity 2 reading and dumping salt. So I will test tonight to get a real number but my guess is it is in the 6500 range. Tastes that way. The 4 inches of rain over the last 2 days should reduce it.
    Mike in Saratoga NY
    14,000 gallon (33' x 15' 8") Saratoga fiberglass
    Hayward model SP1085 auto skim
    Hayward CL 200/220 ACF
    Hayward Clear plus C12002 Filter
    SWCG
    4 color fiber optic lights