Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Puter problem

1. Back To Top    #1
    Gilbert AZ

Puter problem

I replaced my graphics card and the new one is hooked to the monitor via HDMI. The speakers on the monitor work but I can't get sound from the rear jacks for the other speakers. Any suggestions?
    My pool is a 10,500 gallon (420 Sq Ft ) kidney shape. A hand made sheer decent waterfeature. STA-RITE HRPB30, Sand filter 30" 98 GPM,
    1 HP Maxi-Glas 2 pump, BBB Method, Taylor K-2005 test kit, 50 Watt 12V low-voltage pond light illuminates the pool at night for a nice soft glow.
    250 gallon stand-alone hot tub. Got it FREE!

2. Back To Top    #2

North East Ohio

Re: Puter problem

I can try....

So depending on your SETUP and SOUND CARD the HDMI drives the audio to the speakers via the monitor....

Where are the rear jacks ? On the PC ? If so try disconnecting the HDMI while listening to music and see if the rear jacks work?

You might need a whole different setup and we would need to know specifics about your Graphics card, monitor, etc. to help further.

14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Puter problem

Sorry, we don't have any members here that are in IT.

So the problem is that your hdmi connection has the active sound output when it should be going to line-out on your sound card?
    [ Vogue Vectra 24' AG | Hard plumb: Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 1HP 2-speed, 27" sand filter & Pentair MiniMax 100 NG | Taylor K-2006 | Central IL ]