Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Small green algae spots

1. Back To Top    #1

Small green algae spots

I seem to at times have small green patches that form around the step area that I can't figure out why! My FC is 5.5 right now but after testing pool calculator said to add 28 ozs of liquid chlorine so that will move it up some. PH is 7.6, TA is 150, CH is 320, & CYA is 38. Any thoughts?

2. Back To Top    #2
    San Dimas, CA (LA County)

Re: Small green algae spots

Most likely, poor circulation in that area.

If you have an inground pool (you ought to fill out your signature) you can try aiming one of the eyeballs to shoot that way. If it's an above ground pool, its also likely poor circulation, and you most likely have a thriving algae colony behind the steps.

A daily brushing in that area will also take care of it, no matter what style pool you have.

and... Welcome!
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!