Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: STAINS- HELP!

1. Back To Top    #1

STAINS- HELP!

I REPAINTED MY CEMENT BOTTOM POOL LAST SEASON WITH EPOXY. LOOKED GREAT. I DRAINED IT THIS YEAR AS I ALWAYS DO AND CLEANED WITH MURATIC ACID AS I ALWAYS DO BUT THESE STAINS WILL NOT GO AWAY, THEY ARE STREAKING FROM THE TILES DOWN THE WALLS AND IN A FEW PLACES AROUND THE JET BLOWERS ON THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL. IT IS NOT EVERYWHERE AND WORSE ON ONE SIDE. I NEED HELP. THE POOL IS EMPTY NOW. I WAS HOPING TO TREAT BEFORE I FILLED IT. I AM INCLUDING PICTURES. Have also tried clorox, comet, soft scrubs, etc....
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: STAINS- HELP!

Welcome

My first thought is: why not just slap on another coat of paint?

If it's organic, bleach should remove it. Try soaking a paper towel with bleach and set it on a spot and leave it there overnight. If you have a white spot where it was, you'll know. It should bleach out by itself once it's filled.

If it's metallic, smashing some plain old Vitamin C tablets and mixing with water to make a paste should do the same thing. In which case, you can try an Ascorbic Acid treatment after you fill it.

As an aside, TYPING IN ALL CAPS is considered shouting on the internet, and is considered rude. If it's a visibility thing, try holding the Ctrl button on the lower left of the keyboard while pressing the + key. It will enlarge the screen view for you. Ctrl - will shrink it back.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: STAINS- HELP!

I will try the clorox towel tomorrow! I only have 2 gallons of paint left and don't think I can cover with that but had thought of that too. Just baffling since it was perfect last season with the new paint and then upon draining and cleaning this season it looks way worse than when we started. I will let you know if it works. Thank you