Convert 120V pool light to 12V

Plankton

Apr 13, 2008
Hi All,
As the title suggests, my pool light went bad last year after I changed out the seal, it leaked and ruined the color wheel circuit board. I would now like to change it out to the Intellibrite 5G LED light assy, but since I have a 120V fixture, I would like some advice on transformers as to what to purchase, how it should be installed and what exactly needs to be modified. I can't find any info on this, so if anyone here has done this I would appreciate some info. Although I am very comfortable working with electricity, if I don't know what I am doing I would rather ask so I am armed with information when I finally have an electrician come out and do this. At the same time I will be converting my spa light and swapping out all my breakers (pool pump, waterfall pump and spa blower motor) to GFI's. Although they were installed to code when the pool was built, I need to bring them up to current code and I would feel better about it anyway. Mainly I need some insight on what will have to be done to convert the existing lighting circuit to a 12V one. Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.