Salt Water Chlorine Generator

May 13, 2013
I am a new convert to the BBB concept, which I like in theory, but may not be practical due to the fact that the pool is unattended for up to 10 days at a time.
Previous to reading the advice contained in Pool School, I would use 3" tablets in a floating dispenser as well as the skimmer basket and it would work OK. However my CYA has built up.
Would the SWCG by, for example, Intex, work? They seem fairly inexpensive and that they would pay for themselves and be good for unattended use once programed. Am I missing something here?

I cannot answer to an Intex SWG working on your pool.
I would think you would need a pretty big SWG for your size pool.
I can, however say that the SWG method of chlorine maint. is bay far the easiest, cheapest and most "hands free" (see unattended) solution out there.

A pool your sized would probably need two of the intex units in parallel to maintain enough chlorine to keep the level up. The only downside would be if you had a power failure. I'm not sure how well they handle that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.