Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: sand in water... your opinion please

1. Back To Top    #1

sand in water... your opinion please

Hi, I have a 12' round pool,and my sand filter since 2010, beginning with new sand of course. I have cloudy water (milky look) So I bring water sample to pool dealer for testing, and they told me my water was "perfect" !!! So I said, wait a minute, I can't see more than a feet deep in my pool, my water can't be "perfect"... After a few talking, questioning etc... they told me my problem could be my filter... either a cracked spider inside filter or sand need to be change. They suggest me to change sand. what do you think ??? Something that's bothering me, is I heard that too much back wash, make sand less compact, and filtering is not as good as when sand is packed... and since I opened my pool, I made at least 4-5 back wash...

thanks for your help.
    12' above ground pool install "inground" - hayward pro-lx serie sp-2295 pump - hayward vari-flo sp704 - 2 x 4' x 20' fafco solar bear panel
    for polar bear living north pole, Quebec city , Canada

2. Back To Top    #2
    Fleming Island, FL

Re: sand in water... your opinion please

How often do you test your pool water? How do you test it?

I got a hunch you may have algae clearing up and just happens you got the chemistry right just before you took your sample to the pool store.
    Pool: 28,000 gallons IG; IC 40 SWG; Pentair 120 gpm cartridge filter; Marble finish; Pentair Wisperflow 1.5 hp; Polaris 360
    Spa: 350 gallon; Bromine
    How to shock your pool