Repurpose Intex 2650gpm/.95hp pump

Apr 3, 2012
Northern VA
Hi there!

I called up Intex regarding a problem with the pump (manf rating 2650gph/0.95hp) that came with the 56681EG Pump+SWG+16in sand filter set. Much to my surprise they sent me out a whole new pump and did not require the old one to get sent back.

The problem was minor and I should be able to resolve it myself, so rather than toss the old one I would like to use it.

Any suggestions on what I could do with the spare pump? Is there a way to disable the plugs (other than the flow sensor perhaps) so it can be run as a normal pump and not throw errors regarding the SWG and/or copper gizmo?

Would I be better server having it pump in to the sand filter so it can run when the SWG is not cycling? Or would something for a fountain and/or dedicated vacuum be better?

FWIW, I have hard plumbed my existing setup and added a Hayward skimmer thanks to all the help here. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.