how to deal with all this stuff falling

Oct 10, 2011
I have been cleaning out the skimmer at least twice a day because of all the stuff falling in the pool. Does anyone have a solution that will keep the skimmer from filling up totally with this stuff and practically preventing flow all together? I have to be away for about a week and will probably cover the pool with the solar cover but I would like to keep some circulation going also. I am afraid that I will burn up the pump if it gets stopped up. Thanks for any ideas.

There have been a few posts about putting a soft drink bottle case in front of the skimmer and covering it with plastic screen. You could also install a Pool Skim. It wouldn't totally eliminate the problem but would catch enough stuff to help a lot.

If you are going away you could always, if your pool is setup for it, throttle the skimmer down and make the main drain work more. This way if the skimmer did get filled with debris, the main drain is doing all the work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.