Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris Cleaner Hose Wall Fitting

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris Cleaner Hose Wall Fitting

This past weekend I removed my cleaner from the pool for the first time. I diconnected it from the quick disconnect wall fitting similar to what is shown here http://www.swimnsaveusa.com/13046D29.ht ... 7AodzA8ALg.

I can not for the life of me get it to connect back on. I can feel it fall into the slots but then when I turn it all the way it doesnt fully lock in?

Anything i'm missing?
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k
    Pool Chlorinator @ 80%; Filter from 11AM-6PM, Cleaner from 11AM-2PM

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris Cleaner Hose Wall Fitting

Assuming no material was chipped off of either the wall fitting or the hose connector, you can try applying a little bit of pool & spa lubricant (same thing used to lube o-rings on the pump cover) to the hose connector.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.

3. Back To Top    #3

Great idea i'll try that today
    11K SWG Freeform IG pool w/ spa; Bluehaven 550 (hayward mfg) Cartridge Filter; Century Centurion 2HP Pump on pool; Hayward 400H heater; Polaris PB4-60 Pump on cleaner; Hayward Super II Pump on waterfall, Hayward TurboCell GLX-Cell-5; AquaLogic PS8, Taylor 2006k

4. Back To Top    #4

Also, make sure the booster pump/pool pump is off. When I first got mine, I had the booster pump on and was fighting it to get the hose connected. I could get it in the wall fitting fine, but had trouble getting the quick connect to lock.
    23K Gallon Freeform Tile Inground
    Hayward Super II 1.5 HP -- Pentair FNSP48 DE Filter @ 120 GPM
    Polaris 3900 Sport (with Booster Pump)

Pool School Attendee -- The TF-100 Test Kit and the Pool Calculator keep my pool Trouble Free -- BBB Supporter

5. Back To Top    #5

Mr. Blue, thats exactly what's happening cant get it to lock. The pool pump was on when I was trying yesterday

6. Back To Top    #6

Turn it off. I was able to easily lock it once I had the pump off.
    23K Gallon Freeform Tile Inground
    Hayward Super II 1.5 HP -- Pentair FNSP48 DE Filter @ 120 GPM
    Polaris 3900 Sport (with Booster Pump)

Pool School Attendee -- The TF-100 Test Kit and the Pool Calculator keep my pool Trouble Free -- BBB Supporter