Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slightly confused on what Stenner Pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Slightly confused on what Stenner Pump

So I've really been reading and trying to search, but I can't quite figure out exactly what pump I need.

I know I need the 45 Series - 10 GPD for my size pool, giving me plenty of headroom (I think) so 45M something....

But looks like I have 4 choices.

45M2 - 25 PSI - Adjustable Flow
    45MHP10 - 100 PSI Adjustable Flow
    45MP2 - 25 PSI - Fixed Flow
    45MPHP10 - 100 PSI - Fixed Flow

Where I am confused is why would I want the 100PSI (which some folks seem to have) vs. the 25 PSI if the GPD are exactly the same. Seems the 100 PSI might cause a blow out a bit easier than the 25 PSI ?

Also, it seems the consensus is that FIXED RATE is the way to go vs. adjustable? Can someone verify my thoughts are in line ?

I should be getting the 45MP2 ??
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slightly confused on what Stenner Pump

The only difference between the 25 psi and the 100 psi pumps in the 10 gpd size is the check valve injection fitting. I would go with the 100 psi model to get the check valve. The reason is that if the pump or tubing develops a leak, pool water won't leak out the fitting.

The argument on the fixed vs. the adjustable has to do with noise and longevity of the pump. The general concensus is to go with the fixed rate and use a minute capable timer to run it as long as needed to inject the amount of chlorine you require.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

AWESOME - thanks much!

Crude - forgot to ask about the TUBE - 1/4 or 3/8 (think 3/8") and then UV Black or White - does it matter ?
    14,750 GAL IG Fiberglass (16 x 33) NE Ohio || Jandy 1HP 2 speed Pump || Waterco MultiCyclone 16 Centrifugal pre-filter (removed due to not working with sand filter) || 30" 575 Lb. Sand Filter || AquaCal 140K BTU Heat Pump || Solar Cover || Inter-fab Adrenaline Slide || GLI Monsoon Solar Cover Reel || K-2006C Test Kit || BBB with Liquid Chlorine Stenner Injection || Rayner Mighty Mesh Winter Cover

4. Back To Top    #4

Go with 1/4" it's plenty big enough. The only reason for the 3/8" tubing is for very viscous fluids (i.e. mayo, etc.). And yes, get the UV black. The black lasts longer in the sun.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

FANTASTIC!

Can't Wait!

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
    The only difference between the 25 psi and the 100 psi pumps in the 10 gpd size is the check valve injection fitting. I would go with the 100 psi model to get the check valve. The reason is that if the pump or tubing develops a leak, pool water won't leak out the fitting.
    I just received my Stenner pump model 45M2 25 psi - probably should have bought the 100 psi model.

If I buy the Stenner Injection Check Valve (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...KIKX0DER&psc=1) - does that make my pump the same as the 45MHP10 (the 100 psi equivalent pump)? ie... are the two pumps exactly identical other than the check valve? If so, how can a check valve bump up the PSI capabilities, doesn't it just prevent backflow?
    Midwest / Started BBB opening of 2012