Help with Intelliflo and Aqualogic install.

May 16, 2013
Hey everyone,
I recently installed an intelliflow on my pool. So far, so good. My friends just purchased the same pump and have requested that I install it for them. No problem except that they have an Aqua Logic automated system (Goldline Controls, Inc.). They were told to get the the intellicom II interface adapter (521109).
Any Helpful advice on how this is to be wired and controlled?
They tell me the Aqua Logic will control the various speeds of the pump but I don't know. I hope to get to their place on Friday AM to get this installed. First job will be to read the info that came with the interface then get started on the swap.
So, Any help would be great!
Thanks much,
RA

Welcome to TFP!

The IntelliComm II allows you to use relays in the AquaLogic controller to setup additional speeds for the IntelliFlo. The IntelliComm II plugs into the IntelliFlo with a data cable and then has connections that go straight to previously spare relays in the AquaLogic. If you have enough relays available you can setup as many as four different speeds that can be controlled from the AquaLogic. It takes a little setup, and then works very well (if you have the relays available).

Thanks for the reply. Their pool currently runs a sweep and they have a water feature as well. So lets hope there are available relays in the Aqua Logic. Upon initial inspection of their system I failed to see if the original pump was dedicated to a breaker. Am I correct from reading other posts that this pump needs to have a dedicated breaker or can the booster pump share the breaker?
Also, are the instructions that came with the interface adapter pretty clear on the hook up?
Thanks again,
RA

Dedicating a breaker to the IntelliFlo is much preferred, though not required in most places. The main issue is that the startup surge current is fairly high and if the pump and booster both came on at the same moment it would be easy to trip the breaker. There are also some secondary safety issues.

Setting up an IntelliComm II is a little involved, though well explained in the manual. The main issue usually ends up being how to program the automation system to take advantage of the additional speeds.

Good luck with this one. I am a swimming pool contractor and installing the Intellicom II to the Aqualogic is complicated. I do not recommend doing this on your own. Most pool tech's struggle with this one and you dont want to short out your Goldline board.
Good luck and best wishes.
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.