Salt level appears to be rising!!

Killer95Stang

Aug 17, 2012
Sunny SoCal
I'm on month 3 of our new inground gunite pool. I'm probably 5 weeks with the SWG system. When I did my initial fill of salt, I overshot by a couple bags and ended up with 4000ppm in my 23000 gallon pool. After getting some suggestions, I was comfortable leaving my salt level at 4000ppm. I've also verified this level about once a week using the Taylor Salt test kit (not strips) since I did the initial adding of salt.

Today, I noticed that the high salt level light was blinking on my Pentair IC40 SWG unit. (never happened before) Worried, I ran to my test kit and performed a salt test. I'm now getting a salt level of 4800ppm using the taylor kit. Since I switched to the SWG, I've only added about 1 gallon of Liquid 10% Chlorine over a 1 week period, when I was getting a false reading using my Taylor basic OTO kit. I also only add about 32 oz of Muriatic acid about every 2-3 days to keep PH at 7.5.

Any ideas why my salt level is going up?

Right now levels are:

FC 5
CC .5
TC 5.5
CH 280
CYA 60
TA 70
PH 7.5
Salt Level 4800

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.