Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ProTeam 3" High Tech Tabs

1. Back To Top    #1

ProTeam 3" High Tech Tabs

I am trying to figure out what size (by weight) these tablets are, but I can't seem to find this information anywhere.

Is anyone familiar with these?
    I am trying to figure out how much they will raise my CYA per tab.

http://www.proteampoolcare.com/index.ph ... tech-tabs/
    23K Gallon Freeform Tile Inground
    Hayward Super II 1.5 HP -- Pentair FNSP48 DE Filter @ 120 GPM
    Polaris 3900 Sport (with Booster Pump)

Pool School Attendee -- The TF-100 Test Kit and the Pool Calculator keep my pool Trouble Free -- BBB Supporter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ProTeam 3" High Tech Tabs

Can you not just weigh them?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Most 3" tabs are 7-8 oz. Not that it makes a big difference, but the ones you linked to are only 95% trichlor, with the balance that essentially adds to your borate level.
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

4. Back To Top    #4

Re: ProTeam 3

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle
    Can you not just weigh them?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    That thought didn't even occur to me.

Pool School Attendee -- The TF-100 Test Kit and the Pool Calculator keep my pool Trouble Free -- BBB Supporter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by linen
    Most 3" tabs are 7-8 oz. Not that it makes a big difference, but the ones you linked to are only 95% trichlor, with the balance that essentially adds to your borate level.
    Hmm. As I read over in Chemistry 201, it sounds like I want borates in the pool. No?

So I guess when figuring how much CYA these pucks will add to the water, I should take 95% of their weight when getting this value from the Pool Calculator. Does that sound about right?

6. Back To Top    #6

Products that combine several "features" into one product are almost never a good idea to use. It is quite unusual that you actually want all of the effects that these combo products provide, yet you end up paying for the extra effects if you want them or not and often have to add additional chemicals or replace water to compensate for the unwanted side effects. And even when you do find a situation that calls for all of the effects at once, chances are it won't last for long and you will be left with a partial container of a chemical you will almost never use.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

I can see that. I bought these tabs (and threw a few in the water) before finding this site. I am close to making the switch to BBB, but thought I could use these guys to boost my CYA a bit. As of yesterday, it is still < 30. I may just go ahead and buy some to get me where I need to be.

Would the CYA added from these tabs take ~week to show up on a test? I know most "stabilizers" do.

8. Back To Top    #8

No, CYA from dichlor and trichlor shows up quickly (say an hour with the pump running after the product has fully dissolved). However, the test is not sensitive enough to be able to detect a change from a single tablet. The noise inherent in the test will drown out the addition of even a couple of tablets, though if you use enough it will eventually add up enough to be noticeable.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

9. Back To Top    #9

Ok, thanks.

Another stupid question. When using the pool calculator, a statement like this: Add 61 oz by weight or 64 oz by volume of stabilizer
    What value should I be using when buying product? What is says on the bottle/box would be by weight? The same question applies for...say borax, baking soda, etc.

I was never any good at chemistry

10. Back To Top    #10

Mr. Blue:

Most products are sold and labeled by weight, not by volume. You can dose by weight if you have a kitchen scale with a tare function. The tare function cancels out the weight of the container, measuring cup, etc. that you will place the product into for dosing. Therefore, the scale will display the weight of the product only and not the product + the container.

In most instances, dosing by volume is more convenient for most people since it does not require a scale. Use the volume amount if you will dose the product using a measuring cup.
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.