LifeTime Supporter
May 2, 2012
North of Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
And after finding this TFP forum just last spring, did alot of reading (and posting a bit) Got the right test kit (TF-100, w/speedster :-D ) and listened and followed the direction of all the moderators and many other smart folks. I have to say :whoot: :whoot:my pool is just as sparkling as it was all last summer and when I closed it (except for a few worms and dead bugs here and there)

I started up my new pump, circulated it for a couple hours, pulled out my trusty TF-100 kit and ran a full set of tests and they turned out pretty darn good :party: I could actually swim in it right away if it wasn't a bit on the chilly side....

pH - 7.2
FC - 8.5
CC - 00000 :)
TA - 65
CH - 180
CYA - 45-50 me , second look from my better half 45-50 :)

Just wanna say THANKS to ALL on this site for opening my eyes and showing me the way to an enjoyable TFP without having to run to the pool store with my wallet ever again...except for a liner repair kit today and a filter drain plug that I accidently through out when I left it in my old pump basket that got tossed in the garbage a few months ago....

IMAG0759.jpg

linen said:
Your pool looks great roadking :cheers:

Thanks Linen, all is going well so far, except for my liner limping along hopefully for the season ...Had to do a major 8" and 6" patch today in the corner where the sun has been the hottest over the years of the prior owners and the liner is faded and deteriorating by the day :( I'm in the process of doing my research to have a Latham liner installed with the tru-tile set up on the top area at the waterline and above....

But at least my water looks GREAT , so all will hopefully be well for this season and the patch will hold up....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.